Everyone wants to have healthy holidays. Holiday weight gain is an epidemic and can make the months of January and February frustrating. Let’s be realistic, however, holidays are not the time to start losing weight. Trying to make the right choices when you eat and working to maintain your current weight are the best ways to have healthy holidays. Here are some tips to help you succeed:
- Plan to exercise. Find a way to fit a long walk on the beach into your day or play a few games of backyard football with family.
- Survey buffets, know what your choices are then step back and make good ones.
- Eat until you are full, not stuffed so you can walk home, it’s better than rolling.
- Careful with beverages, two sugary glasses of wine or carb filled beers can quickly turn into too much sugar or too many empty carbs.
- Bring your own healthy dish to the barbeque. No thinking involved, you know what’s in it and how much you can eat.
Following these easy tips will help keep you on track during difficult holiday meals.