Here’s a scrumptious recipe for Mango Lima Salmon accompanied by a simple black bean and corn salad. Team FitNice loves adding flavor to salmon and halibut or even a fish taco by topping it with Mango Lima Salsa and serving it with a side of palate cooling black bean and corn salad.
Mango Lime Salmon with Black Bean and Corn Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2-4 Wild Alaskan salmon filets
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-14 oz can rinsed and drained black beans
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup frozen yellow corn
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1-2 cups mango salsa
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place salmon filets on foil lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and white fat has risen to the top.
3) Dice onion and green pepper, place black beans and corn in medium sauce pan.
4) Saute onion and pepper for 4 minutes, add to beans and corn. Add water, bring to boil until mixture is warm.
5) Serve salmon over bean salad and top with mango lime salsa.
Give this Mango Lime Salmon with Black Bean and Corn Salad a taste with next week’s meal plan and get your fill of protein and flavor.