Bored with your meatloaf? Try these single serve, easy to clean up mini Meatloaf Muffins that will delight your taste buds. Like most recipes, this one is great because you can customize the flavor based on the sides you serve with it or what you’re in the mood for. Using lean meat and fewer breadcrumbs also makes this a healthy dish. Served here with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes, this low carb, low fat dinner is sure to please.
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4+ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large beaten eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
ketchup as needed
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin pan.
2) Pour tablespoon olive oil into skillet and saute the onions and pepper for about two minutes then remove from heat and let cool.
3) Put ground beef, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, egg, salt, BBQ sauce, cooled vegetables and breadcrumbs in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand or with spoon until well blended.
4) Place cut green beans in steamer and bring to boil.
5) Use ice cream scoop to place mixture in baking cups and bake roughly 20 minutes
6) Cook green beans to desired texture and remove from heat.
7) After Meatloaf Muffins spend 20 minutes in the oven, brush with ketchup and bake for an addition 7 to 10 minutes, cutting one muffin open to ensure they are cooked through (at least 160 degrees in the center).
There you have a recipe for a wonderful Meatloaf Muffins. Mix up your dinner table with this fun and variable entrée.