Nice Night Nachos are Team FitNice‘s favorite take on the classic bar snack and Mexican dish of chips and chilli. With lean beef and organic chips, this healthy version of a greasy favorite helps keep it low(er) carb and low-fat. Check out this recipe and layer your dinner tonight!
Nice Night Nachos
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
½ cup diced sweet green pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
½ tsp salt
1 package low sodium taco seasoning
1 cup water
¼ cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
3 cups tortilla chips (we like these)
1) Thaw beef and set to side.
2) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3) Brown ground beef.
4) Add olive oil, pepper and onion to pan and cook until soft.
5) Drain grease from ground beef.
6) Add water, taco seasoning, corn, peppers and onions to beef and bring to boil
7) Remove from heat.
8) Line large, oven safe bowl with chips and layer with meat and cheese for desired number of servings.
9) Place bowl of chips, meat and cheese in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes to cool.
10) Store excess meat mixture in fridge or freezer.There you have a great, low-fat fast and delicious dinner for the whole family. To make them even better for you, decrease the amount of cheese called for in the recipe or substitute tortilla chips with kale chips. Give Nice Night Nachos a try and see what a good night you have!