This Steamy Beef Stir Fry is a Team FitNice favorite for it’s simplicity, good-for-you ingredients and easy clean up. Full of vegetables, this is a great week night meal for families on the go, especially when they’re in the mood for Asian inspired cuisine. Better than restaurant made stir fry, this heart healthy Steamy Beef Stir Fry recipe is MSG free and low on sodium.
Steamy Beef Stir Fry
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
1 bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
4 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 cups brown rice, cooked
sesame seeds for garnish
1. Whisk teriyaki and sesame oil in large bowl. Add steak, let marinade for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over high heat, add beef, setting left over marinade aside, and stir fry for 3 minutes.
3. Remove beef and set to side.
4. Add left over olive oil, saute onions, garlic and ginger until onion edges are browned.
5. Add vegetables and stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Return beef to wok and add remaining marinade, stir fry for an additional 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over hot rice.
Healthy and filling, Steamy Beef Stir Fry makes busy nights a little less stressful at meal time. To make this an even quicker dinner, try adding the marinade to the wok when browning the beef, rather than letting it set in the fridge. Warm your stove top tonight with this quick and easy one wok meal that makes great leftovers.