Nice Night Nachos are Team FitNice‘s favorite take on the classic bar snack and Mexican dish of chips and chilli. With lean beef and organic chips, this healthy version of a greasy favorite helps keep it low(er) carb and low-fat. Check out this recipe and layer your dinner tonight!
Nice Night Nachos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
½ cup diced sweet green pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
½ tsp salt
1 package low sodium taco seasoning
1 cup water
¼ cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
3 cups tortilla chips (we like these)
1) Thaw beef and set to side.
2) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3) Brown ground beef.
4) Add olive oil, pepper and onion to pan and cook until soft.
5) Drain grease from ground beef.
6) Add water, taco seasoning, corn, peppers and onions to beef and bring to boil
7) Remove from heat.
8) Line large, oven safe bowl with chips and layer with meat and cheese for desired number of servings.
9) Place bowl of chips, meat and cheese in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes to cool.
10) Store excess meat mixture in fridge or freezer.There you have a great, low-fat fast and delicious dinner for the whole family. To make them even better for you, decrease the amount of cheese called for in the recipe or substitute tortilla chips with kale chips. Give Nice Night Nachos a try and see what a good night you have!
Beef Stew is a classic one pot meal sure to help you shake off the outdoors and bring up the temperature of your insides after a day spent out in the cold, rain or snow. A healthy and nutritious meal that both nourishes and warms the soul, Team FitNice’s Stupendous Beef Stew will delight any family’s table. Made of low fat beef, low sodium broth and fresh vegetables, this is a good-for-you dish that will fill any stomach up.
Stupendous Beef Stew
Servings: 8 to 10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-3.5 hours
2-2.5 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1″ cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup water
1 yellow onion, diced1 packet beef stew seasoning
3 russet potatoes, cubed
3 whole carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
3 cups low sodium beef broth
1/4 tbs salt
1/4 tbs pepper
Basil as desired
Thyme as desired
1. Sautee onion over olive oil in 4 quart baking dish
2. Brown meat in onion
3. Add water, stew mix, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, any other desired seasonings and beef broth to cover meat
4. Simmer for 2.5 hours, peel and cut potatoes and carrots
5. At 2.5 hours add carrots and potatoes
6. Simmer an additional hour until vegetables are cooked through and tender
7. Let stand uncovered for five minutes before serving.
There you have it! Our Stupendous Beef Stew recipe. Make a small batch for dinner or a large quantity to freeze for future meals. Throw in your own choice of flavors to make this recipe your own, or try mixing it up with each batch to find the perfect one for your family. No matter what, you’re sure to enjoy this cold weather classic!