Beef Stew is a classic one pot meal sure to help you shake off the outdoors and bring up the temperature of your insides after a day spent out in the cold, rain or snow. A healthy and nutritious meal that both nourishes and warms the soul, Team FitNice’s Stupendous Beef Stew will delight any family’s table. Made of low fat beef, low sodium broth and fresh vegetables, this is a good-for-you dish that will fill any stomach up.
Stupendous Beef Stew
Servings: 8 to 10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-3.5 hours
2-2.5 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1″ cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup water
1 yellow onion, diced1 packet beef stew seasoning
3 russet potatoes, cubed
3 whole carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
3 cups low sodium beef broth
1/4 tbs salt
1/4 tbs pepper
Basil as desired
Thyme as desired
1. Sautee onion over olive oil in 4 quart baking dish
2. Brown meat in onion
3. Add water, stew mix, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, any other desired seasonings and beef broth to cover meat
4. Simmer for 2.5 hours, peel and cut potatoes and carrots
5. At 2.5 hours add carrots and potatoes
6. Simmer an additional hour until vegetables are cooked through and tender
7. Let stand uncovered for five minutes before serving.
There you have it! Our Stupendous Beef Stew recipe. Make a small batch for dinner or a large quantity to freeze for future meals. Throw in your own choice of flavors to make this recipe your own, or try mixing it up with each batch to find the perfect one for your family. No matter what, you’re sure to enjoy this cold weather classic!