Mom’s Marinara Meatballs are perfect when the family’s ready for something with an Italian flavor. This recipe makes a delicious dinner that freezes and packs well for lunch while also being hearty and filling. Team FitNice loves it as a pre-race meal, and you just might, too.
Mom’s Marinara Meatballs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup Mama Mia Marinara sauce mix
2-14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1/4 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons Marinara sauce mix
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine 1/4 cup sauce mix and diced tomatoes in large mixing bowl.
3) In second bowl, mix milk, cheese, egg, bread crumbs and 2 Tablespoons sauce mix.
4) Add ground beef to egg mixture and stir well, crushing tomatoes with fork as desired.
5) Form ground beef mixture into balls (10-20, size by preference), placing them one inch apart on greased 13×9 baking pan.
6) Cover with sauce mix and bake for 30-40 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
7) Serve over whole wheat pasta.
Give Mom’s Marinara Meatballs a try this week, and include this recipe in your monthly meal plan. Want help with your meal plan? Recipes? Email Info@FitNicePT for more information or fill out the box below.