Tin foil chicken and vegetables is a fantastic week night meal. This recipe is quick, simple, good for you and delicious. It’s easy to mix up the dish’s flavors by simply switching out one or two ingredients. Using the ingredients below, each serving is home to less than 300 calories, packed with muscle building protein and very filling.
Tin Foil Chicken and Vegetables
Servings – 2-4
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 30 minutes
Difficulty – 1
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (to lower cook time, divide into sections)
1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
2/3 cup black beans drained and rinsed
2/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2-4 Tablespoons taco seasoning
2-4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2-4 large squares of tin foil
Pre-heat oven to 375.
Add olive oil, peppers and onion to sautee pan and cook until onions start to become clear.
Place each chicken breast in center of one tin foil sheet.
Season chicken with taco and cayenne powders.
Top each chicken breast with tomatoes, corn, black beans, green pepper and onion.
Fold tin foil into packet around chicken with small opening to vent.
Place in oven for 25-20 minutes or until juice runs clear.
Serve by carefully opening foil packets and pouring chicken, vegetables and juice onto a plate.This simple chicken and vegetables recipe can be switched up for winter by adding squash and carrots or swapping out taco flavors for basil and thyme. You can see how the calorie count would change when plug in your choice of ingredients in here. Use fresh vegetables for a colorful and delicious meal that’s great all year long, very easy to cleanup and won’t take away from family time. Give this tin foil chicken and vegetables recipe a try.
I love it and know you will too!
These Easy Breezy Tuna Patties are a simple, heart healthy weeknight meal rich in protein and flavor. This recipe comes to us from Team FitNice member John, who loves the simple, low fat dish any day of the week.
Easy Breezy Tuna Patties
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
1 – 6 ounce can chunk tuna in water (or 12 ounce for 4 servings), drained
2 whole, fresh eggs
1/4-1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup diced yellow onion
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Old Bay Seasoning (or your favorite) to taste
1. In large mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and seasoning.
2. Add olive oil to large skillet and warm over medium heat.
3. Pour tuna mixture onto skillet to form two (2), or four (4), patties.
4. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until egg is no longer runny and the patties are lightly browned and firm.
Give these delicious Easy Breezy Tuna Patties a try for your lunch or dinner table today, and be sure to mix it up by varying seasoning and making them your own! Enjoy.
Scallops are a good for you, slightly sweet fruit of the sea dish that boasts many of the same health benefits salmon does. A protein rich, low fat, lean meat, scallops are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and Vitamin B12. Team FitNice likes these quick and simple pan seared scallops with jasmine rice any night of the week.
Pan Seared Scallops with Jasmine Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
12-16 fresh sea scallops
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay, or other desired, seasoning
1-1/2 cups jasmine rice (we like the brown jasmine rice you can find at Trader Joe’s)
1-3/4 cups water
1. Rinse jasmine rice until water runs clean and drain.
2. Add rice to pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked to taste.
3. Rinse and pat dry scallops
4. Season scallops with salt, pepper and Old Bay on both sides.
5. Heat large skillet to medium high heat, add oil and butter.
6. Remove rice from heat and let stand for 10 minutes, fluff with fork before serving.
7. Add scallops to skillet, uncrowded, and cook until the bottom is golden brown, 2-4 minutes.
8. Using tongs, flip scallops and cook other side for 2-4 minutes until golden brown.
9. Line plate with jasmine rice and vegetable of choice. Serve scallops warm.
A wonderful addition to any meal or weight management plan, give these delicious, heart healthy Pan Seared Scallops with Jasmine Rice a try the next time your family’s in the mood for seafood fare, or even for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
Everyone knows salad is a great choice for a healthy meal, but they can also get boring or heavy on calories when you add cheeses and dressings. The nutrient rich kale in this Winter Squash and Kale Salad is a great alternative to plain lettuce, but can also be a tricky salad base because of its large leafy stems that sometimes feel like you’re eating a topiary. It avoid that feeling, try slicing the kale into smaller strips or tearing it up a bit. With bite sized kale, this Winter Squash and Kale salad is a Team FitNice salad favorite that’s easy to put together, light on fats and sure to fill you up.
Winter Squash and Kale Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup yellow squash, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
6-8 cups loosely packed kale
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup sliced, fresh tomatoes
3/4 cup broccoli, fresh
1/6 cup feta cheese (optional)
4 Tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1. Brown chicken in 1/8 cup Olive Oil in medium sized sauce pan, then add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
2. In medium sauce pan, saute squash with olive oil and seasonings.
3. Add kale, carrots, broccoli, tomato and cheese to large bowl. Stir.
4. Add chicken and squash to large bowl of salad mix and toss.
5. Dish into 4 large salad bowls and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette before serving.Looking to cut carbs? Decreased to volume of kale included or remove the carrots. Put this good for you and tummy filling Winter Squash and Kale Salad on your meal plan for next week and enjoy!
This simple, lean meat recipe is a Team FitNice week night go to. Pork can be as lean, and sometimes even more lean, than chicken, which makes is a great protein choice for any dinner table. Suitable at any time of year, these Honey Garlic Pork Chops can be done on the grill or in the oven.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Prep Time: 10 minutes (or marinade over night)
4-6 Pork Loin Chops, boneless with excess fat trimmed, roughly 4 ounces each
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Honey
4 cloves garlic, minced (add additional garlic to taste)
1. Whisk honey, soy sauce and garlic in small, shallow bowl
2. Coat pork chops with marinade on both sides, rest over night if desired, saving excess marinade for basting
3a. Oven Cook: Grease baking dish and bake at 400 for 20 minutes, basting twice with excess honey marinade.
3b. Grill Cook: Grill on medium-high heat for five minutes on each side, or until cooked through, while basting frequently.
4. Serve with seasonal vegetables and optional brown rice or quinoa.
Prepare this healthy dinner plate for your family tonight and enjoy a low fat meal that’s filled with nutritional value and taste.