Team FitNice loves these Roasted Pork Chops with squash salad for lots of reasons. Pork is a tasty, lean meat that’s easy to find and quick to cook in the oven or on the grill. Perfect any time of year, this delicious dinner is great when it’s just not grilling weather. Serving these Roasted Pork Chops with a side of squash and kale salad means its good for you and filling, no matter when or where you make it.
Roasted Pork Chops with Squash Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 Pork Chops
4 Tablespoons olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Salt or sea salt (to taste)
3 Tablespoons Bayou Blast
1 cup sliced yellow squash
2 cups fresh or baby kale
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
2 cloves (1 teaspoon) minced, fresh garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to large skillet over medium high heat and season pork chops with salt, pepper and Bayou Blast to taste.
3. Add pork chops to skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side.
4. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and garlic to second skillet and heat until soft.
5. Place pork skillet in oven for 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked to 150 degrees.
6. Add kale, water and vinaigrette to squash, toss and saute, stirring regularly, over high heat for 5 minutes or until water has evaporated.
Give these delicious Roasted Pork Chops with Squash Salad, or your own favorite sautéed vegetables, a try tonight for a quick, simple and good for you weeknight dinner that makes pretty good leftovers, too.
Want help with a meal plan? Trying to lose weight or fuel for a big event? Ask us!