Scallops are a good for you, slightly sweet fruit of the sea dish that boasts many of the same health benefits salmon does. A protein rich, low fat, lean meat, scallops are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and Vitamin B12. Team FitNice likes these quick and simple pan seared scallops with jasmine rice any night of the week.
Pan Seared Scallops with Jasmine Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
12-16 fresh sea scallops
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay, or other desired, seasoning
1-1/2 cups jasmine rice (we like the brown jasmine rice you can find at Trader Joe’s)
1-3/4 cups water
1. Rinse jasmine rice until water runs clean and drain.
2. Add rice to pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked to taste.
3. Rinse and pat dry scallops
4. Season scallops with salt, pepper and Old Bay on both sides.
5. Heat large skillet to medium high heat, add oil and butter.
6. Remove rice from heat and let stand for 10 minutes, fluff with fork before serving.
7. Add scallops to skillet, uncrowded, and cook until the bottom is golden brown, 2-4 minutes.
8. Using tongs, flip scallops and cook other side for 2-4 minutes until golden brown.
9. Line plate with jasmine rice and vegetable of choice. Serve scallops warm.
A wonderful addition to any meal or weight management plan, give these delicious, heart healthy Pan Seared Scallops with Jasmine Rice a try the next time your family’s in the mood for seafood fare, or even for dinner tonight. Enjoy!