Veggie Tuna Noodle Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight meal that Team FitNice loves. A healthy, low-fat dinner full of Omega-3 fatty acids, Veggie Tuna Noodle Casserole can be low carb, too, as long as you stick with veggie, gluten free or whole wheat pasta and go light on, or without, the bread crumbs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
10 ounces drained canned tuna in water
1 – 10.5 can low sodium Cream of Broccoli soup
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar jack cheese
3 cups veggie pasta
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tbsp butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil and add pasta.
3) Mix tuna, milk, cheese and soup in large mixing bowl. Season as desired.
4) Mix bread crumbs with melted butter (optional).
4) Drain pasta and return to pot.
5) Add tuna mix to pasta and stir until well mixed.
6) Place in oven 20 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
7) Remove from oven and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
8) Bake 5 more minutes, until bread crumbs are golden brown (optional).
Let stand 5 minutes to cool before serving.This Omega-3 filled dinner is a great, quick and easy meal on a busy school night. Veggie Tuna Noodle Casserole is perfect for lunch, too, and can be frozen in individually sized servings for easy transportation. Put a pot full in the oven today and enjoy!