Just in time for the holiday weekend: Tasty Turkey Jalapeno Bugers! Team FitNice member Smitha, of Running with SD Mom, shared this delicious recipe with us to help ring in summer. A passionate runner and the full-time working mother of 2 wonderful children, SD Mom loves good food and these Tasty Turkey Jalapeno Burgers are no exception. A great source of inspiration, be sure to check out her blog, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook for all things running while you grill up a batch of these good for you Turkey Jalapeno Burgers.
Tasty Turkey Jalapeno Burgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 diced jalapeno pepper (Want it hot? SD Mom recommends using two!)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar jack cheese
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 whole grain hamburger buns (optional)
1 cup guacamole
Shredded lettuce, tomatoes and salsa as desired, to top burger
1) Warm an indoor or outdoor grill to medium heat.
2) Add turkey, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, cheese, salt and pepper to large mixing bowl and mix by hand or spoon, being careful not to overwork the meat.
3) Form mixture into four (4) 1/2 inch thick patties.
4) Place patties on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
5) Dress hamburger buns with guacamole.
6) Serve patties on hamburger buns while warm and dress with desired toppings. (Skip the bun to make this an even better for you meal.)
Give these Tasty Turkey Jalapeno Burgers a try at your next barbecue and your friends and family might not want to leave. Add them to your meal plan all year long to keep it spicy, being sure to use fresh ingredients for better taste.