*I’m busy running the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville this morning (recap coming next week), and then recovering, but I really wanted to share this delicious Mango Lime Salmon recipe with you all. It’s paleo friendly (if you bail on the salad or sub them out – try avocado), low in fat, high in protein, rich in flavor and I love it. Couldn’t think of a better time, I hope you give it a try!*
Mango Lime Salmon with Black Bean and Corn Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2-4 Wild Alaskan salmon filets
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-14 oz can rinsed and drained black beans
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup frozen yellow corn
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1-2 cups mango salsa (recipe found here)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place salmon filets on foil lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and white fat has risen to the top.
3) Dice onion and green pepper, place black beans and corn in medium sauce pan.
4) Saute onion and pepper for 4 minutes, add to beans and corn. Add water, bring to boil until mixture is warm.
5) Serve salmon over bean salad and top with mango lime salsa.
Add this Mango Lime Salmon to your meal plan and let it start bursting with flavor.